Press & Bookings
For publicity requests and interviews, please contact:
Sugar Mountain PR
For bookings, please contact:
Digital Media Kit
Use these links for Dana’s digital media kit:
Multiple award-winning songwriter and teaching artist Dana returns to the national scene with a new label, Music Playground, and album, available April 15
Dana’s Best Jump & Jam Tunes
Blaine, WA, February 22, 2017 – Dana, a singer, songwriter and educator whose music has earned 17 national awards and acclaim from critics and families alike, leaps back into the scene with a brand-new collection of action songs for kids: Dana’s Best Jump & Jam Tunes. The album will be available from Music Playground on April 14. Dana will celebrate the release with a series of music videos and an all-ages concert at the historic Mount Baker Theatre in Bellingham, WA, on Saturday, April 15.
Through her five critically lauded albums and national tours, Dana has built a reputation for inviting youngsters to get off their screens and up dancing, jumping, playing and singing. Dana’s Best Jump & Jam Tunes is her sixth highly interactive album release featuring 12 songs designed to get kids ages 1 to 7 up and moving, grooving and laughing. Wordplay, catchy melodies, and top-notch musicianship make this an engaging album of mostly original songs for the whole family to enjoy together.
Produced at Beaird Music Group Studios in Nashville with top session players, Dana’s Best Jump & Jam Tunes offers a “musical party” of sound, featuring various genres, from rock to bluegrass, jazz, country and pop. Inspired by her 20-plus years of working with children and her own experiences as a mom, Dana Cohenour wrote these songs with preschoolers in mind while respecting adult ears in production and musical styles.
The album includes counting songs ( “Legs” and a bluegrass spin of “Five Green and Speckled Frogs”), a Latin music inspired freeze dance (“Jumping Beans”), a rock & roll “Wiggle Workout,” an egg shake (“Shakin’ Things Up”), and a jazzy jumping jive dance (“Jump & Jive”). Humor is the hallmark of Dana’s story songs (“Barnyard Hoedown” and “Fish Tale”), and she asks listeners to help make the planet smile with her inspirational “Do My Part.” Listeners are invited to clang on pots and pans with “Grandma’s Kitchen Band,” and to move like the animals in “Follow the Leader.” The album wind downs with the gentle musical hug that is “I Love Mommy.”
After taking a break from recording to raise her son, Jack, Dana is pleased to be creating music for children once again. Dana tested these songs at her weekly Music Playground classes at the Opus Performing Arts School in Bellingham, WA. From square-dancing barnyard animals to Mexican jumping beans, Dana’s tunes instantly activate her young students toward movement and imaginative play.
Dana is planning a busy 2017 with music videos, activity ideas, and more public concerts to be announced soon. Visit www.danasmusicplayground.com for updates.
For a press/DJ download or review copy, please contact:
Beth Blenz-Clucas, email@example.com
Dana’s Best Jump & Jam Tunes
Track list and descriptions
- JUMP AND JIVE: A jazzy tune to get kids jumping and dancing along. 2:56
- WIGGLE WORKOUT: A rock and roll workout song to get kids wiggling, jumping, stretching and learning how to stay strong and healthy. 3:35
- BARNYARD HOEDOWN: The barn is shakin’ with square-dancing animals in this funny story song by Dana. Children will love trying to identify the animal sounds. 3:33
- DO MY PART: Kids will be inspired to help the environment and make the planet smile with this positive and catchy tune. 3:44
- JUMPING BEANS: This fun song with a Mexican flair is a freeze dance that will teach kids rhythm and keep them jumping like little beans. 2:45
- FIVE GREEN AND SPECKLED FROGS: Dana gives this traditional counting song a bluegrass spin with fun sound effects that kids will love. Ribbit! 2:39
- GRANDMA’S KITCHEN BAND: Grab a pot, grab a pan and cook up some fun with Grandma’s kitchen band. 2:30
- FOLLOW THE LEADER: Listeners are encouraged to move like all kinds of animals in this upbeat call-and-response song. Tight harmonies and jazzy horns and keys inspire the entire family to play along. 3:18
- LEGS: The Earth is movin’ and everybody’s groovin’ on this funky counting song. Kids will roam the planet with Dana, counting the legs on animals ranging from 4 legged horses to 10 legged lobsters and more. 4:10
- FISH TALE: Something “fishy” is going on in this hilarious story song. When Dana casts her line and wishes for a bite, a hungry, enormous trout takes more than her bait and steals her lunch! Guess who has to go to the grocery store at the end? 4:49
- SHAKIN’ THINGS UP: Get your egg ready and let’s shake things up! Movement, rhythm and rhyme – there will be a whole lotta shakin’ going on when you spin this tune. 2:36
- I LOVE MOMMY: A gentle musical hug for the entire family. Easy to sing (and sign!) for even the youngest children. 2:37